Thursday, January 31, 2013

Introduction to Restaurants

As a seasoned server and bartender who just made a giant, running leap out of the hospitality industry, it has come to my attention that there are many, many restaurant patrons out there who have seemingly never dined in an actual restaurant before. Now, I am not talking about a coffee shop, or McDonalds, I am talking about an actual, sit-down, dine-in, restaurant. Living in Canada, one would think "Surely everybody in this country has eaten in a restaurant at least once?” but, working as a server you realize that many people may never have been exposed to the inside of an actual restaurant before, and are not quite sure how to behave. Well, read on my friends; I intend to share some of the valuable insights I have gained over the years that will surely help you avoid offending your server, annoying other patrons, as well as embarrassing yourself, whoever you’re with, and acting like a huge douche.

No comments:

Post a Comment